On New Year’s Eve, Wirral moved from Tier 2 to Tier 3 due to rising COVID cases in the greater Liverpool region. Swimming lessons are still able to take place in Tier 3 as they did in Tier 2, as there is an exemption for supervised sport and physical activity for under-18s (which covers our swimming lessons).
There are however greater restrictions on travel in the North West than earlier in December 2020. Where an area is in Tier 4 you must stay at home and not leave your Tier 4 area, other than for legally permitted reasons such as:
- travel to work where you cannot work from home
- travel to education and for caring responsibilities
- visit or stay overnight with people in your support bubble, or your childcare bubble for childcare purposes
- attend hospital, GP and other medical appointments or visits where you have had an accident or are concerned about your health
- to provide emergency assistance, and to avoid injury or illness, or to escape a risk of harm (such as domestic abuse
If you are travelling to our lessons from a Tier 4 area, please get in touch with us so we can discuss your options.
The tier our area is in (from our interpretation) is due to be reviewed by the government every 2 weeks, so our tier on the Wirral may be subject to change. We will endeavour to update our customers and staff as soon as we know of any changes.
Stay safe and we look forward to seeing you at our lessons.