Bookings are currently closed.
30 minute sessions, your own area of the pool and equipment provided or you can bring your own!
Our bookings for these sessions open on Sundays at 5pm for the following week.
Note: the next batch of spaces will go live Sunday 1st November. We may release other sessions for family swim if there’s enough demand earlier.
6-12 Bertram Dr, Hoylake, Wirral CH47 0LL
Birkenhead Road/Sandringham Ave/Bertram Drive
No parking on Carlton lane or in the main car park for the senior campus due to parking restrictions agreed with residents.
Getting to the pool
Approach the senior campus from Carlton lane and enter the Senior campus, where you’ll be able to see a sign for the swimming pool 30 metres in front of you.
We’re asking everyone to arrive at the pool beach ready, which means having your costume on underneath what you’re wearing and strip off poolside. The changing rooms also can’t be used after the swimming sessions, so robes or clothes will need to be thrown on over the top of your costume.
Your bit of the pool
The pool will be divided into 4 sections of 3 metres by 6 metres, one of these will be yours for the 30-minute session to practice what your child’s learned lessons or to just enjoy some quality family time safely during COVID-19. If you need it, we’ll provide equipment that has been cleaned before use and that you can leave by the pool once your session has finished.
Remember, you must keep 2 metres from anyone outside of your household or support bubble.
Supervising your child
All children must be accompanied by a responsible person aged at least 16 years old. Whilst in the pool, the
The responsible person must maintain constant watch over the children for whom they are responsible and be in close contact with those of their children who are weak or non-swimmers.
Weak or non-swimmers must wear arm bands or suitable buoyancy aids.
Children under the age of 4 must be accompanied by a responsible person on a ONE to ONE basis.
Children aged between 4 to 7 must be accompanied by a responsible person on a maximum of TWO children to ONE adult.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Will lessons take place during these sessions? No, these sessions are for your family to have a swim together
- Will you be offering any help/teaching during these sessions? Yes, both Andre and Hayley will be there to offer help and advice.
- How long is each session? 30 minutes.
- How many families would be allowed in at any one time? 4, with a maximum of 6 members of each family.
- Which pool would this be at? Kingsmead School, we’ve put details on the page.
- How much are these per session? £10 per family/section of the pool
- Can I attend with another family in the same section? No, only one household can use each section of the pool.
- Are there any age restrictions? No, but you must follow our guidance on the number of adults to children. Please also remember the changing rooms are not in use at Kingsmead and you must arrive Beach Ready.
- Will you be offering any other times for these sessions? We will only offer 6.30 and 7 pm for the first weeks and then we will consider taking on more pool time if there’s enough demand.
- Can we buy changing robes from anywhere? Yes, you can buy these from our online shop!